Screening BAFTA shorts 2017
- Day: November 24
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Place: Auditori
Es Baluard presents a new edition of the BAFTA Shorts within its “Tardor audiovisual” program. The British Council, as a cultural partner of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), again collaborates with the BAFTA short film 2017. NOMINEES is a program dedicated to the promotion of the best British short films. The UK has a long tradition in the production of short films and both the British Council and BAFTA are aware of the importance of seeking new audiences to support the diversity and talent of British filmmakers.
Following the success of the BAFTA Shorts 2016 program, which brought together nearly 5,000 spectators throughout Spain, the 2017 edition includes eight short films, three of them animated, with an approximate duration of 98 minutes.
The program is composed of the following titles:
• THE PARTY, Andrea Harkin, Farah Abushwesha, Emmet Fleming and Conor MacNeill.
• MOUTH OF HELL, Samir Mehanovic, Michael Wilson, Bart Gavigan and Ailie Smith.
• TOUGH, Jennifer Zheng.
• STANDBY, Charlotte Regan and Jack Hannon.
• CONSUMED, Richard John Seymour.
• THE ALAN DIMENSION, Jac Clinch, Millie Marsh and Jonathan Harbottle.
• A LOVE STORY, Anushka Kishani Naanayakkara, Khaled Gad and Elena Ruscombe-King.
• HOME, Daniel Mulloy, Scott O’Donnell, Afolabi Kuti and Shpat Deda.
The screening is free and open to the public. The shorts are presented with subtitles in Spanish and are not suitable for children under 16 years of age.