A retrospective of the repertoire for solo saxo
Es Baluard hosts one of the concerts of the I International Chamber Music Festival of Palma de Mallorca, event to be celebrated from September 2 through 7, 2013. The concert in Es Baluard is on September 5, is entitled "A retrospective of the repertoire for solo saxo" and carried out by The Contemporary Saxophone directed by Rodrigo Vila. The programme is:
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) Partita BWV 1013 (1718 aprox.)
- François Rossé (1945) Chant de Sables (2007)
- Giacinto Scelsi (1905-1988) Tre pezzi (1956)
- Mauricio Sotelo (1961) Liebeslied I (2007)
- Luciano Berio (1925-2003) Sequenza VIIb (1969)
The I International Festival of Chamber Music of Palma de Mallorca is organized by the Conservatori Superior de Música de les Illes Balears with the collaboration of the recently created Associació d'Intèrprets de Música Clàssica de les Illes Balears and its aim is to create a new artistic and pedagogic structure aimed at two subjects: young musicians 14 to 25 years old and those people who love the best classical music made in the Balearics and Palma.