International Video Art Festival
- Days: July 1 and 2, 2021
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Free activity with prior registration
- All the dynamics that take place during the activity comply with the established sanitary recommendations. The use of a mask is mandatory.
Es Baluard Museu and the project Marítima 01 present, for the first time in the Balearic Islands, the International Maritime Video Art Festival 01 with a video art screening program and a series of meetings with artists and scientists in order to make known the situation of the Mediterranean Sea and promote contemporary art.
The selection will show a total of 14 video art projects by artists from Spain, Italy, Turkey, France and Russia that invite the public to reflect on the climatic urgency in the Mediterranean Sea, the extinction of marine species, sustainable tourism, diversity of cultures and traditions, as well as the relationships between human beings and the sea.
Among the participating artists are Mariagrazia Pontorno, Fermín Jiménez Landa, Kalie Granier, Yann Toma, Anna Raimondo, Marco Godinho, Enrique Ramírez, Giovanni Ozzola, Miguel Sbastida, Volkan Aslan, Nikolaj Larsen, Mustapha Azeroual, Sena Basöz and Xenia Dranysh. Some of the selected works have been conceptualized and produced during the 2020 artist residency organized by Marítima01 in collaboration with scientists from IMEDMAR-UCV and the Universitat de València.
1st of July
Presentation of the festival and video art projections. Later discussion with Elena Posokhova (director of the Maritima festival), Fermín Jiménez Landa (artist) and Sergio Ruiz (Save The Med Foundation marine biologist).
- Mariagrazia Pontorno, Nobilis Golden Moon (2020) 25′
- Kalie Granier, Priority Habitat (2020) 3′
- Enrique Ramírez, Lauso la mare e tente’n terro (2020) 25′
- Giovanni Ozzola, Sin tiempo (2021) 8′
- Volkan Aslan, Home Sweet Home (2021) 21′
- Sena Başöz, The Screen (2020) 3′
- Fermín Jiménez Landa, La Historia de Apnea (2020) 6′
2nd of July
Presentation of the festival and video art projections. Later discussion with Elena Posokhova (director of the Maritima festival), Magdalena Vicens (biologist and curator of Jardí Botànic de Sóller) and a participating artist.
- Mustapha Azeroual. Présence (2021) 5’
- Marco Godinho, Left to their own fate (Odyssey) (2020) 15′
- Nikolaj Larsen, Quicksand (2021) 21′
- Xenia Dranysh, A Snake Performance (2019) 4′
- Anna Raimondo, Mediterraneo (2020) 22′
- Miguel Sbastida, High Tide (2020) 4′
- Yann Toma, In clinging to the turtle’s back (2020) 12′