- Days: July 1 and 2, 2021
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Free activity with prior registration
- All the dynamics that take place during the activity comply with the established sanitary recommendations. The use of a mask is mandatory.
Es Baluard Museu and the project Marítima 01 present a video art screening program and a series of meetings with artists and scientists on the Mediterranean in order to make known the situation of the Mediterranean Sea and promote contemporary art.
The selection will show a total of 14 video art projects by artists from Spain, Italy, Turkey, France and Russia that invite the public to reflect on the climatic urgency in the Mediterranean Sea, the extinction of marine species, sustainable tourism, diversity of cultures and traditions, as well as the relationships between human beings and the sea.
Among the participating artists are Mariagrazia Pontorno, Fermín Jiménez Landa, Kalie Granier, Yann Toma, Anna Raimondo, Marco Godinho, Enrique Ramírez, Giovanni Ozzola, Miguel Sbastida, Volkan Aslan, Nikolaj Larsen, Mustapha Azeroual, Sena Basöz and Xenia Dranysh. Some of the selected works have been conceptualized and produced during the 2020 artist residency organized by Marítima01 in collaboration with scientists from IMEDMAR-UCV and the Universitat de València.
1st of July
- Mariagrazia Pontorno, Nobilis Golden Moon (2020) 25′
- Kalie Granier, Priority Habitat (2020) 3′
- Miguel Sbastida, High Tide (2020) 4′
- Giovanni Ozzola, Sin tiempo (2021) 8′
- Volkan Aslan, Home Sweet Home (2021) 21′
- Fermín Jiménez Landa, La Historia de Apnea (2020) 6′
- Enrique Ramírez, Lauso la mare e tente’n terro (2020) 25′
2nd of July
- Mustapha Azeroual. Présence (2021) 5’
- Yann Toma, In clinging to the turtle’s back (2020) 12′
- Marco Godinho, Left to their own fate (Odyssey) (2020) 15′
- Sena Başöz, The Screen (2020) 3′
- Nikolaj Larsen, Quicksand (2021) 21′
- Xenia Dranysh, A Snake Performance (2019) 4′
- Anna Raimondo, Mediterraneo (2020) 22′