Happiness is a universal feeling that everyone can feel, but it is also personal and unique. There are a thousand reasons to be happy, and are different for everyone. However, advertising, media, television series and other impacts that we receive daily show often a stereotype of happiness… unreal, artificial, which is not connected with reality.
It's time for people to show through photographs what makes them feeling happy. A special moment, a feeling, a place, person, idea, detail, everything can reflects a moment of true happiness.
On July 2, in over 20 cities simultaneously, anonymous people will become with their photos the real protagonists of a unique exhibition. A wall turned into an open-air museum where everyone can display and see the pictures of others. We all know what makes us happy, but what is happiness for the rest of the world? We'll find out soon.
From the Es Baluard's central courtyard we'll send the message of happiness around the world, through an event with the music by Dj Richilieu (indie new music) who'll provide the perfect ambient.
How to participate:
- On Saturday July 2, 2011 go to Es Baluard with one or more printed photos featuring an image of happiness.
- The format and size are free, but there won't be accepted giant images (1x1meter) or those that can hurt sensibilities.
- The schedule of creation of the wall and duration of the exhibition are indicated at the Facebook event. It is an ephemeral action, only last two hours.
- The organization will have double-sided adhesive tape to stick the photos. However we recommend you to bring your own tape to make the process easier.
- Paste your picture next to the others, to separate them by a small margin. Respect the other photos.
- Once the mural is completed and after a time of exposure, the organization will give a warning to indicate the end of the work.
- At that time you can withdraw your own pictures or take the other's.
- If you want someone to take your picture you can write your e-mail at the reverse so the other person can make you a comment. Then, the mural will be a more interactive experience.
- The remaining photos will be removed by the organization and not be used for any other purpose.
Some photographs can be taken during the event to be reproduced in any media.