Design and Innovation in the Balearic Islands is a stable platform developed by Es Baluard which, taking as a starting point the museum shop, unveils gradually those creators who regularly develop products linked to design and experimental and innovative craftsmanship. At the opening of this program, took part in the event the director of the museum, Nekane Aramburu, and designers Maria Magdalena Garcias Amer, Francisca Barceló Riera, Damià Mulet Vanrell, Barbara Juan Pastor, Clara Rosario Garau Rosselló and Maria Isabel Uribe Dussán.
To be steady, creators presented their works at the store’s more visible showcase, as a exhibition and personalized intervention space to publicize their processes and products, which can be purchased there. At its first edition, Es Baluard focused on those artists who work jewelry and accessories.
The schedule was as follows:
- December 11, 2013 to February 9, 2014: Maria Magdalena Garcias Amer (Palma, 1982) and Francisca Barceló Riera (Palma, 1983).
- February 12, 2014 to April 13, 2014: Damià Mulet Vanrell (Campos, 1975) .
- April 16, 2014 to June 15, 2014: Bárbara Juan Pastor (Palma, 1965) .
- June 18, 2014 to August 17, 2014: Erika Hartje Muiño (Montevideo, Uruguay, 1972), resident in Alaior.
- August 20, 2014 to October 19, 2014: Clara Rosario Garau Rosselló (Palma, 1985).
- October 22, 2014 to December 21, 2014: Maria Isabel Uribe Dussán.