In its Basis, Es Baluard defines the museum as a common good that must be a paradigm of respect for equality at all levels, as well as the rights of living beings, in order to contribute to a more sustainable and solidary planet, maintaining the attention on the environmental resources and the ecology from the education in civic values, of social commitment and of the committed culture. Attentive to the future of society, we want to contribute to networking and open source work based on transparency as an ethical principle.
Since 2013, Es Baluard has conceived a program of activities in this area and with the new strategic plan Es Baluard 2018 this philosophy of action has been intensified, of understanding life and culture with different agents and collaborators with whom it wishes to build and walk together.
«Paisatges sostenibles» (Sustainable Landscapes) of Es Baluard materializes in a series of activities in relation to art, ecology and sustainability that are part of the usual programming of the museum in line with its intention to create links between culture, environment and sustainable development.
In addition, the museum has set up an internal work group to become a Sustainable museum.
Some of the lines it focuses on are:
- Educate in the defense of the environment where we are, from the local to the global, promoting the Km0, and as a cultural complex the area we occupy in the city of Palma.
- Implement measures to minimize our environmental impact.
- Working in a network from the own staff of the museum with suppliers and collaborators respectful with the environment.
- An improvement in the efficiency of resources applied to the operation of the building-equipment, exhibitions and activities.
- Adapt to the regulations and improve management in the control of waste and use of natural sources.
- A content and activities program that is aware of respect for human, animal and plant sustainability.