Historical memory and visual arts. Open conference
Es Baluard Museu d’Art Modern i Contemporani de Palma and Casal Solleric launch a joint programme of activities, which link historical memory and contemporary art.
The proposal’s aim is to understand each other’s views beyond the museums spaces and to open ourselves to the city by creating an itinerary connecting the Casal Solleric and Es Baluard. We will think about the spaces and the city beyond the Museum’s walls. Between Spring and Summer 2018, seizing the opportunity presented in both centres’ programming where we can focus on historical memory and contemporary art, we will generate a collaboration proposal, appealing to citizens.
At Casal Solleric the focus will be on the temporary exhibition «La risa del espacio (Guernica) [The laughter of space (Guernica)]» by José Ramón Amondarain and Es Baluard collection, focusing on the new dialogues established in the permanent «Permanent collection». These dialogues depart from historical milestones, such as a photograph of the civil war by Namuth and George Reisner, a work of art of Guinovart (1970), referring to the bombing of Guernica and a representative work of art of Wilfredo Lam.
The programme will be structured into:
- Dates: 8, 20 and 29 June 2018
- Meeting point: Casal Solleric hall
- Time: 18h
- Itinerary: Casal Solleric (visit to the temporary exhibition “La risa del espacio (Guernica)” [The laughter of space (Guernica)] by José Ramón Amondarain – Es Baluard (Permanent collection, room 1)
- Free visits, booking required at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Dialogue between Rogelio López Cuenca, Visual Artist and Nekane Aramburu, Director of Es Baluard. “Historical Memory and Monument” 20 June at 19.30h. Auditorium, Es Baluard.
- Free activity, limited capacity